Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

Narrative writing - Lost in the forest

`Tuakana Lost in the forest 30/05/2017

WALT - write a narrative
Success Criteria -
  • I should be able to use show not tell
  • I must include paragraphs to order my story
  • I can be able to use expensive vocabulary
  • I should only have one main idea in each paragraph
  • I should have a problem and solution

Lost in the forest.PNG

There I was lying helplessly on the cold hard ground, calling out for HELP so many times that I couldn’t remember. I waited and waited for hours but everything stood still. The tree’s weren’t waving at me nor branches falling from the long and tall tree’s. It was just peace and quiet with exactly no sound or rain.

Hours and hours past by and still no help or helicopter came by me so I had to take action not knowing what awaits me in the distance. So I got up out of my misery and tried to get out of this disaster. On the way grey clouds started to appear and thunder was heading straight for me so I hurried it up. The path was bumping and very steep with no other path to hop on. Hours later my eye’s started to close with my throat dried out, I was so dehydrated I could barely breathe properly, but I didn’t want to stop now because of how close I was.

My hands were shaking as it hit onto night and my lips dried out. 5 minutes later it started to rain. As one droplet of rain hit against my skin I finally felt alive. I did take a zip and went to find shelter. It took me a while until I found this cabin with smoke coming out of it. I quickly swung my legs to the cabin for warmth. As I entered the cabin, there was nothing but a small little bed, bucket of water and a little fire place. I didn’t know if anybody lived here so I took the risk and stayed the night. I did see some clothes too so I put those on and left my other clothing to dry out for the morning.

The next morning I woke up with a freight, not only seeing 1 person but 4 men and 1 lady standing there watching me sleep. I wasn’t sure what to say so I just stood up and stomped right through the door, until I came back asking for directions. At least one of them were able to show me. It took awhile for me to get them to reason with me because well I was lost and didn’t know what to do. So they were generous enough to show me the way, well only one of them.

We then headed out for a exciting journey back home. We had conversations, played some games and well we did have to grip on each other for some bits on the way. While we were walking something was lurking in the shadows. I didn’t know what it was but I could feel the presence of something. As we kept coming something suddenly came out of the shadow’s chasing us. I ran and ran for a long time trying to get away from the white puffy wolf chasing us.


By the time I stopped, I lost my friend. I didn’t know what to do or what I was thinking till I saw houses. Plenty of houses. I was finally home, I could even see my home. As I ran back home I could hear my name. It was my friend lying in the cold weather, tired out of misery. I helped her up and managed to carry her home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment