Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Physical education - Option P.E

Reflection 1
Activity: Multi-sport
Date: 08/03/2019


  1. How did you show your self-management strategy in today's lesson?
The self-management strategy I chose was showing perseverance.
In the game of multi-sport I was able to show this because whenever
I had a feeling my team was gonna lose, I kept going. Whenever the
other team got a point, I never gave up and always worked harder to
win. Whenever I made mistakes, I sometimes felt like giving up but I
stayed and tried harder. No matter how hard my components
were or how many times I did mistakes, I never gave up on my
team and kept working harder. This is how I was able to show
perseverance in the game of multi-sport.



  1. Why did you choose that self-management strategy?
I chose the self-management strategy of “showing perseverance”
because I am a person who hates losing. I am a person who likes
to be right all the time as well as winning and when I don't
win nor am I right, I sometimes get frustrated. I would usually give
up and just move on so this is why I chose “showing perseverance”
as one of my self-management strategies. I wanna be able to move
away from that area and become more passive so that no matter if
i'm wrong or if lose, I won't take it to heart and be more calm about
the situation. Like in the game of multi-sport, I got frustrated at times
because the other team was 3 points ahead of my team. I hated the
fact that my team was losing and I literally just wanted to give up, but
I decided not too.  I decided to carry on with my game of multi-sport and
decided not to give up. At the end of the session, my team ended up
winning and I was very glad. I didn't rub it into other peoples faces
nor did I tease anyone, I just kept it to myself and carried on. This is
why I chose “showing perseverance” as one of my self-management
strategies.


    3. What happened as a result of you showing your self-management
strategy?
As a result, I learned a small part of how to be more persevere in
any activity or game I play as well as being able to control myself in
anything I do whether I'm losing or if I'm wrong. The game of multi-sport
helped me because I was able to put my skills up to the test. I was able to
examine whether I took losing or winning in a good way and not in an
aggressive or teasing type of way. In this case, I believe this self-management strategy helped me alot and as a result it went the right way.

    4. Were there any improvements in your participation? Please provide
an example
I believe there was an huge improvement. Why do I think this? Well
because in the game of multi-sport no matter if I was losing or whether
I was winning, I showed good sportsmanship and kept going no matter
what. I persevered in the team no matter how many times I wanted to give
up because of how far the other team was ahead of me. I wasn't gonna let
that take the best of me so I persevered. This is how I believed I improved in
that activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment