Pages

Friday 4 August 2017

Vocabulary list

Tuakana Vocabulary list 03/08/2017


Vocabulary list and it’s definitions


1. Invention
Invention came from the word invent, this means producing something new like a device or a process.


Matt invented this whole new treehouse for his daughter Sally. He used different types of parts from her old bike, toy cars and even used tree’s to make wood for it.


2. Organic
Organic means freshly grown. This has something to do with growing fruits and vegetables but doesn’t use any chemicals to make  it grow faster.


Kylie sold organi potatoes at the market and everybody bought it all.


3. Convenient
When you are fitting in very well with activities, needs, plans and so much more


My (Boss) Jake Sutton said that I am very convenient, that brought a smile on my face


4. Patent
It has something to do with Authority and licenses. For example if you do not have a license then you cannot write or if you don’t have the authority to go in then you cannot go in.
My (Mom) was patent because she did not have her license, it was expired.


5. Alternative
You are available and have choices like abilities.


Joseph is really alternative.


6. Implements
A tool or a piece that is used for a good purpose.


A builder says implements instead of tools.


7. Pesticide
A substance for destroying insects or other animals harmful to nature.


I found a pesticide trying to destroy my plants so I called the Vet.


8. Grizzle
A mixture of dark or white hair


My (Dad) has grizzle hair.


9. Manufacture
When you make or invent something very big.


I manufacture a big tank


10. Eco-friendly
This means unharmful to plants or natural things.


People should be eco-friendly

0 comments:

Post a Comment